See the details for the workshop.
|TUESDAY (OCTOBER 18)||WEDNESDAY (OCTOBER 19)|
|8:30am – Registration||8:30am – Fellowship|
|9am – Session 1||9am – Session 4|
|10:30am – Break||10:30am – Break|
|10:45am – Session 2||10:45am – Session 5|
|12:15pm – Lunch Break||12:15pm – Lunch Break|
|1:30pm – Session 3||1:30pm – Session 6|
|3pm – Break||3pm – Break|
|3:15pm – Q&A||3:15pm – Q&A|
|4pm – End||4pm – En|
Use the links below to register and let me know how many you registered please.
The book is pre-workshop reading. You can order it for a really good price here.
All registrations close October 7th (earlier, if full).
To register more than three people from one church, please call the Matthias Media office at 1-866-407-4530.
QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER:
- How does the Great Commission apply to every disciple and every church?
- Do our church programs and organizations make us too busy to focus on people?
- Are we relying too much on our ministers to be doing the work of disciple-making?
- How can we learn to make disciples wherever we are, whether in the home, in the church or in our community?
- What are simple ways of helping others follow Christ through sacrificial love, sharing the Word of God and prayer?
- How can we actively encourage one another to follow Christ during our Sunday gatherings?
- How can we reach those who would never come to church on Sunday?
If you have ever wondered any of these things, then you should attend one of our Trellis and Vine workshops. Our aim is simple: to equip ministry leaders with the biblical foundations, vision and resources to train co-workers in gospel ministry in a local ministry context. The concrete value of the workshop is that participants will leave with at least the first draft of a plan for their training ministry.
WHAT IS A WORKSHOP?
Each workshop is a two-day intensive training for people in ministry to train others for ministry. It will be fun and it will be challenging.
WHAT IS THE AIM OF A WORKSHOP?
The workshop aims to equip ministry leaders with the biblical foundations, vision and resources to train co-workers in gospel ministry in a local ministry context.
WHAT WILL BE THE OUTCOMES?
At the completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Develop and communicate an inspiring vision of ministry training in the local church
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of current training ministries
- Identify who should be equipped in what ministries
- Identify future leaders in gospel ministry
- Create suitable structures for training all disciples
- Identify and resolve blockages to ministry training
- Lead in making the necessary changes to adopt a training model of ministry
- Identify personal strengths and weaknesses as a ministry trainer and implement a development plan
WHAT ELSE WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING?
The concrete value of the workshop is that participants will leave with at least the first draft of a plan for their training ministry.
WHEN AND WHERE ARE THE WORKSHOPS HAPPENING?
The workshops will be happening in the fall of 2011 as follows:
Los Angeles, California: October 18-19, 2011 at Cornerstone West LA Church
Norco, California: October 21-22, 2011 at First Baptist Church (Norco)
WHO ARE THE WORKSHOP LEADERS?
The workshops will feature Colin Marshall, and Marty Sweeney.